Cramerton Town Hall Renovation

Cramerton, North Carolina
plus icon
close icon

Square Footage

15,342 SF

Project Description

Steady growth in the progressive, largely residential Town of Cramerton called for a major renovation of its Historic Town Hall. Constructed in 1916, the Cramerton Town Hall was cramped and ill-suited to accommodate the needs of the Town Administration and Police Department.

Stewart-Cooper-Newell Architects was commissioned by the Town to renovate the facility and create a new, functional layout that provides more space and allows for future growth. The new plan will allow the Town Commissioners & Administration to occupy the entire first floor, moving the Police Department to the currently unoccupied second floor. Due to public access requirements, an elevator and stairwell will be added to the facility.

Because additional construction is needed to accommodate these features, our design team has used the requirements as an opportunity to design an attractive addition to the public entrance side of the facility. This project was primarily funded through USDA.

Our Involvement

Architect of Record
Prev Next

Square Footage

15,342 SF

Project Description

Steady growth in the progressive, largely residential Town of Cramerton called for a major renovation of its Historic Town Hall. Constructed in 1916, the Cramerton Town Hall was cramped and ill-suited to accommodate the needs of the Town Administration and Police Department.

Stewart-Cooper-Newell Architects was commissioned by the Town to renovate the facility and create a new, functional layout that provides more space and allows for future growth. The new plan will allow the Town Commissioners & Administration to occupy the entire first floor, moving the Police Department to the currently unoccupied second floor. Due to public access requirements, an elevator and stairwell will be added to the facility.

Because additional construction is needed to accommodate these features, our design team has used the requirements as an opportunity to design an attractive addition to the public entrance side of the facility. This project was primarily funded through USDA.

Our Involvement

Architect of Record